Sunday, September 7, 2008

Naked Fun

So I used to swear I'd never be one of those people who let my child run around in a just a diaper. I think it's so tacky and slightly redneck. Anyway, I'm here to admit that while I'd never take Ava out in public like that, she has been outside in the driveway a few times sans clothing. Today was one of those times. We went outside to play with bubbles. Because Miss Independent wanted to do it herself after about two seconds, I let her. She promptly turned the bottle over and spilled it on her dress. Now, if you know Ava, she can't go on if she's dirty, has anything on her hands, etc. She immediately wanted to take off her dress, so we did. I was too lazy to go back inside for clothing change #3 of the day, so I let it go.

We then decided to color on the driveway with chalk before moving on to my anniversary gift to Jim which was a personal carwash (big gifts at that six year mark.) Ava loves to wash the car, and loves to see the bubbles being created in the bucket. She had a lot of fun helping me out, and I of course appreciated her enthusiasm even though she'd wash the same spot ten times over.

So yes, today was our six year anniversary. Michelle was kind enough to take Ava all morning so we could go out to breakfast peacefully and then hit the golf course (second time all year.) We had a great time and enjoyed the almost-empty course. It was H-O-T hot out, but that didn't defer us from finishing all 18. We really miss golfing - that was always one of our favorite things to do pre-kids, but we know in a moment's notice we'll wake up one day and all the kids will be grown and we'll have all the time in the world to hit the links. Here's to another year of marital bliss!














No comments: