So we had a good weekend together. It rained and thunderstormed a LOT but that's a good thing because we're still in a severe drought. We spent most of the weekend keeping the house clean, as it went on the market Friday, and we've had a showing every single day! Keep your fingers crossed that someone likes it enough to make an offer. It's bittersweet, as we really like this home, it's just not for us. The neighborhood we want to move to a mile down the road is a lot more kid friendly. There is a clubhouse, large pool, playground, and nine acres of walking trails. As well, the house we hope to buy backs up into a forest preserve, so it will never be touched as it's declared "preserve" space already.
So Ava's favorite thing to do (still) is read books. We're not complaining - it's a great hobby, but this girl takes it to the extreme. I thank God every day that we've received so many books from our friends (especially the Hopes who know a good kid book when they see one - I guess I should give credit to their daughter Maddie). Ava's favorites right now are "Bad Dog, Marley!", "The Pokey Little Puppy", anything "Winnie the Pooh", anything "Curious George", and of course anything where you can lift the flap. She especially likes the lift the flap Dora the Explorer books the Hopes sent her last year.
I thought I'd take some pictures of the family reading, as we do this at least ten times a day (it feels like anyway.) Enjoy!
Ava "cheesing it up" for the camera.
Normal smile.
Reading her Disney book.
Looking for "mouse"
No comments:
Post a Comment